It's official. This could be the worst Oscars ever. Between Red Carpet roundup lacking flavor and any finesse, my bf James Franco saying little but looking high, and Anne Hathaway a-whoopin' and a-hollerin' like a tween who just caught Bieber fever, it was a mess of a spectacle to say the least. I found myself fast-forwarding to my favorite twosome Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law presenting god-knows-what to who-cares-whom for the simple fact that two scoops of SEXY are wayyyy better than one. The other saving grace? Anne's 8 costume changes courtesy of 8 months preggers Rachel Zoe...at least someone came to work today. You be the judge.
8. Tom Ford: Loved the slight nod to the Asian Invasion seen all over spring runways, but layers upon layers added a much dreaded 10lbs. to Anne's already voluptuous frame.
7. Vivienne Westwood: Princess pouf + Princess updo = A total Goth Princess moment. I prefer Anne in slimmer silhouettes to suit her curves.
6. Valentino: We've seen this red concoction all over red carpets before...not a total miss, but not a total hit either. Her highlights could have gone a tad darker to really let this dress shine.
5. Givenchy: White gown, black stage, perfect contrast for an opening ensemble. Loved the detailing in the bodice, slight enough for a touch of bling, but not too over the top to detract attention away from the star herself.
4. Lanvin: A total SJP via SATC II moment. Fierce and fabulous! My fave fashion meets farce moment. A brilliant move on Rachel's part since Anne needed something spectacularly campy, but still couture for this solo performance. Custom Brian Atwood pumps also a nice, detailed touch.
3. Oscar de la Renta: Swingin' 60's vibe...how can you go wrong? Looks like how every superstar should look...Blinged-out bombshell.
2. Armani Prive: Color me Happy!!! A shot of cobalt against that pitch black stage screamed CHIC! Gorgeous shade against Anne's porcelain skin...the only moment where I thought her highlights truly helped the look instead of hindering it.
My number 1 pick of the night: Atelier Versace @ Vanity Fair afterparty
Beautiful and body-conscious cut in a cranberry hue. The bodice looks like it's melted onto her frame making her look super fit, yet super sexy. Love the loose ringlets, natural makeup, and minimal jewelry...Makes Anne the main attraction and the ensemble the supporting cast. Gorgeous!!!
and last but not least....my pick for this hosting gig Oscars 2012...
When comedic timing and perfect chemistry meet....Ahhhh....swooooooon.
What did you think of this year's Oscar's?
Peace. Love. LOLShare |